The 411

My photo
Wife and mother of 3 boys and twin girls who I often refer to as my "Twincess". Having twins initially broke me physically and financially!! One day I "woke up looked in the mirror at the spit up and frazzled hair and remembered IM A DIVA DARNIT!!! So my adventure has begun living the high life on a budget!! Welcome to my journey......

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Y'ALL GONE MAKE ME LOOSE MY MIND UP IN HERE!!

Yes I stole the lyrics from DMX but I'm sure we can all attest to feeling this way at least once! This was my week, a week of stomach virus, cleaning fluid that literally was coming from everywhere on my twincesses, sick kids attitudes, doctors appointments and dogs that act up because they are not getting attention this week.

Great its Friday, everyone's feeling better it's over wew....... So I thought. This is how Friday night went and this all happened in less than a hour: my seven year old boy is screaming bloody murder down stairs after scraping his knee. He was trying to get the dog food someone put up high (my husband)
While frantically looking for a bandage and calming him down one of my girls decides to be Monet on my carpets. Now that my boys calm I hand him a bandage to bandage him self  and switch to scolding her and scrubbing the carpet. I look up and the other one has unrolled the whole roll of tissue to "help you mommy".  Wow is it bed time??? I take the towel to the wash only to find Chica my wonderful Yorkshire Terrier has decided to "show me "that she's feeling neglected and it stinks!!!!  wooooo sawwww. Breath.

Theses series of wonderful events have made me decide to write this blog about getting away. Here's some great ideas on how to find cheap frugal ways to relax.


  1. Plan a girls day, not the usual massages or drinks
  2. Check sites like livingsocial.com or groupon.com they always have great ideas. Sky diving, scuba diving, zip line, cruises etc.
  3. Have a swap party! You can have friends bring what ever interest them. I did an accessories swap party. Everyone brought two items. I provided sangrias, wine and cheese. Everyone brought items and we placed them on the table upon arrival so guests could check them out. I did accessories because we all wear different sizes. An I made cute little bags that's put flip flops and lip glosses in and the guest could put the swaps in. 
  4. Have a craft party. Pick a craft and either provide the materials that everyone will pay you for, or assign a material to each guest.
  5. Plant a garden. My girls eat a ton of berries so we planted strawberries.
  6. Go berry picking. This is cheap and free most of the times. You can do this alone, with friends or bring the family. Did you know wild berries grow every where are are sweet and delicious. Check with your local state parks to see if they have any and when they will be ripe it. At state parks you'll Usually have to pay a $5 fee per car. 
  7. Karaoke!!!!!! You can't sing you say? Even better. You and your friend will burn a to of calories laughing it up. 
  8. Get you nails done. I know there is nothing different about this but I say mix it up! Do you always go and get the same color??? Well be bold get fluorescent tips with Hello Kitty! It's only temporary, why not its not like your shaving your head. 
  9. Go hiking, check out sites like everytrail.com or localhikes.com

Here's. Recent trip we did


 We decided to do something different.  Race car driving. We went to a great place in Roseville called Speed Factory. This place was great we even met the owners who were very nice and accommodating . Only down fall is we had to put theses ninjaesk hats on and helmets, so they will mess up your hair lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment