The 411

My photo
Wife and mother of 3 boys and twin girls who I often refer to as my "Twincess". Having twins initially broke me physically and financially!! One day I "woke up looked in the mirror at the spit up and frazzled hair and remembered IM A DIVA DARNIT!!! So my adventure has begun living the high life on a budget!! Welcome to my journey......

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Adding Interest To Our Entry

Hello, my sis in law has been telling me I need to post pictures of my hall way transformation so here it goes Les. 

My entry way is an on going project for me. I feel this needs to be the  most dramatic since its the first thing that guest see and to some the the only thing lol. But I have been stumped , my entry way is hmmm how can I say this ..... Like some people we know, not naturally fabulous, I need to apply a lot of "make up" to get it there lmbo. 

 I did decide to paint the hallway that you see with stripes. 

When doing and detail using painters tape it's very important to do it right or it will "bleed" through the tape. 
Here's the trick: take the base color (the color that was originally on the wall) after taping your stripes or detail, and paint over the top of the tape. Let the paint dry and then paint your stripes. 

Here's how it turned out:
And here it is with pictures. I haven't put pictures in the frames yet lol . I Wanted to see how it looked
Here are some more pictures of the entry. You'll see why I'm a little stumped. I want to do something big and dramatic on the stairs since the ceilings so high. (I know they need to be painted lol) I also need to figure out where I can put a bench or something to hold shoes since the stairs become a catch all and there's no room by the door. I'll keep you posted on what I come up with. Youll see the lonely picture I bought but has no home on the stairs. 
I think I want to do something cool with pallets and I also need to add some color. 





No comments:

Post a Comment