The 411

My photo
Wife and mother of 3 boys and twin girls who I often refer to as my "Twincess". Having twins initially broke me physically and financially!! One day I "woke up looked in the mirror at the spit up and frazzled hair and remembered IM A DIVA DARNIT!!! So my adventure has begun living the high life on a budget!! Welcome to my journey......

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ikea Lack Side Table To Ottoman

First official post! You will find as we get further in our journey together that I am a "semi-homemade kinda gal, so places like Ikea are my friend.

Here's what I used 
Lack side table from Ikea $7.99
One yard of faux leather fabric from Walmart $8 and some change
Carpenter tacks from Walmart they were like 1.60 not over $2 I used 3 packages
Staple gun
Cheap pillow or use an old one around the house free!

(as I'm adding this first post I have one twin "brushing my hair" she's really just striking me in the back of the head with the brush, and one climbing me like a jungle gym, and my son asking me millions of questions it's clear I'll need to set some boundaries )


Let's start by saying I never take measurements I "eye ball " everything which is horrible!! So if you measure lol measure the top of the table and then the sides and add an inch more.

Then cut open your pillows case. Mine was wonderful it was batting that was rolled like a cinnamon roll. I unrolled and put on top of table and cut. You can use a spray adhesive to attach the batting to the table

I found that it is easier to screw the legs off when trying to staple the fabric on lol. Should have been common sense!! Ha! Gotta learn to laugh at your self it burns calories .

Pull fabric tight and staple all around the bottom so they won't show. I had to use a hammer to puts them all the way in so they wouldn't scrap little bodies.

It is Important to leave the area where the leg screws in clear or it either won't screw all the way in or the table/ottoman will be lopsided and wiggle.
Here is a close up of the fabric and the tacks




No comments:

Post a Comment